In his new book, Inside Apple, Fortune's Adam Lashinsky reveals a fact sure to shock anyone who views Apple as the quintessential Silicon Valley-culture company.
Apple employees have to pay for their own food.
At Google, Facebook, and other Valley icons, the free food and fun is legendary. What's going on at Apple? What OTHER things don't we know about the place? Well, for one thing, says Mr. Lashinsky, it's not much fun to work there, and you don't get paid all that much.
Produced by Robert Libetti & Daniel Goodman
- Mark Cuban's Brilliant Defense Of The Future Of Television
- Can Pandora Figure Out How To Make Money From Mobile?
Please follow SAI on Twitter and Facebook.
Join the conversation about this story »
- New Evidence That Google, Apple, Intel, And Other Tech Giants Conspired To Keep Wages Low
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple Is Now Twice As Valuable As Google
- This Is Apple At Its Absolute Worst: It Thinks It Owns Any Book You Make Through iBooks Author